Hope you’re having a great weekend!
I’m enjoying the great weather we’re having here in Boston.
There was a ton of great fitness info this week. Let’s get caught up.
Strength Tips and Training Videos
This was one of my top sets this week on bench, 325 X 8. Felt pretty good.
I’m going to be focusing on bench a little more for the next coming weeks due to my hamstring. I injured it doing some sprints, so I’m going to give it a little time to heal up before getting back to some squats and deadlifts.
For now, benching will be my focus.
I got a lot of questions about wearing flip flops in this video and it reminded me about all questions I get regarding training gear and footwear.
The truth is, that stuff doesn’t matter that much.
Sure, it has its place, but your equipment won’t make you strong.
Training hard, training smart, and staying consistent will.
Invest your extra time into learning more about technique, programming, diet, and recovery.
1. How to Help a Dad-Bod via Bryan Krahn
2. How And Why You Should Start Strength Training via Pat Koch
3. Does Light Load Training Build Muscle in Experienced Lifters? via Brad Schoenfeld
4. The Definitive Guide to Strength Training Program Design via Jordan Syatt
5. 35 lessons from Precision Nutrition’s most successful clients. via Precision Nutrition
6. Fitness Professionals: Find Your Why via Tony Gentilcore
7. Build Strength: Quick and Easy Squat Drills via Pat Koch
8. Proper Hip Thrust Technique: Head and Neck Position via Ben Bruno, Bret Contreras
9. How I Cured My Squat Woes (so You Can Too) – Part 3 via Tony Bonvechio
10. Quick and Easy Ways to Feel and Move Better: Installment 63 via Miguel Aragoncillo, Eric Cressey
11. Three Problems with Your Bent Over Row via Eric Bach
12. Are Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns Best for a Wide Back? via Nick Tumminello
13. 3 All-Time Badasses, Part 3 via Chad Wesley Smith, Juggernaut Training Systems
14. How to Measure and Improve Muscle Strength via Justin Kompf, Personal Training Development Center
15. Deadlift Mastery: Paused Deadlifts via Adam Pine