I hope you are enjoying your weekend! Time to catch up on some fitness reading.
This week’s edition will catch you up to speed with strength tips, articles, and footage from my deadlift training.
*Break down your seemingly overwhelming goals into smaller tasks.
Losing 30 pounds may SOUND like an impossible task.
While losing 30 pounds sounds like a lot, losing 1 to 2 pounds a week seems very manageable.
Begin by breaking down your initial weight loss goal into simple, practical tasks. Focus on tackling the first task in your process towards achieving your goal.
Take small steps to building better habits that will last the rest of your life.
You should be trying to push your head back into the wall behind you. You won’t actually move anywhere. Instead, you will be pushing your traps even harder into the bench, creating more tension.
If your goal is to push as much weight as possible, be as stable as possible. Learn to use leg drive and create as much tension as you can during your bench setup.
2. Sumo Deadlift 2 X 5
3a. RDL 3 X 12-15
This can be applied to a variety of exercises. Squats: low bar vs. high bar, bench with different grips, deadlift: sumo vs. conventional, etc.
This doesn’t mean you should constantly be searching for different techniques in hopes that you just haven’t found your right one yet, but do set aside some time during your training career to experiment with different techniques.
Adam’s Training Video(s)
Deadlift – 517 X 7 beltless
- Do You Need to Warm-up Before Lifting? via Brad Schoenfeld
- A Woman’s Worth via Molly Galbraith
- How do conventional and sumo deadlifts differ? via Chris Beardsley
- Carbohydrate tolerance: Is your ability to eat carbs determined by your genes? via Helen Kollias
- 9 Training Concepts That Suck via Ben Bruno
- The easiest thing to do. via Nate Green
- The Pyramid of Strength via Chad Wesley Smith
- Fitness & menstrual health: How to stay lean, healthy, and fit while maintaining your period. via Spencer Nadolsky
- Pick Your Passion via Ross Enamait
- The Ten Worst Types of Personal Trainers via Bret Contreras
- Minimalist Muscle Building: Simple Training For Athletic Muscle via Erich Bach
- The Fitness Passion Test via Bryan Krahn
- Random Thoughts on Sports Performance Training: Installment 6 via Eric Cressey
- You NEED Long Duration, Low Intensity Cardio via Mike Robertson
- Do You Need to Be Strong to Be a Strength Coach? via Jordan Syatt
Thanks for reading! If you want a weekly update sign up for my newsletter on the sidebar. Mobile users enter your email at the bottom of the site.