Hope you’re enjoying your weekend!
It’s another gorgeous day here in Boston, so I’m going to head to the beach.
Let’s get caught up with all the best fitness info from the past week!
Nick is an animal. He is extremely humble, motivated and he works his ass off.
Here is hitting a 465 X 3 squat (he went, 445, 450, 455, 455) at a body weight of <198.
He’s killing it this training cycle and I can’t wait to see him compete in October!
“Don’t ask for a light load, but rather ask for a strong back.” Quick tip on how to improve your pull-up and build a bigger, stronger back. Think of your hands like hooks. They are only there to attach you to the pull-up bar, so grip it as tight as possible. Pull your elbows into your lats, pulling your chest to the bar. This will help you initiate the movement with your back. Screw your shoulder blades down. Pull them into the back pocket of your pants. Be careful not to pull your elbows behind your body. If someone was standing behind you while you’re doing pull-ups, you should not elbow them in the head. Pulling with your elbows can help you perform pull-ups and many other pull-up/chin-up variations more efficiently. @syattfitness #powerlifting #pullups #squat #bench #deadlift #strengthtips #technique
- 3 Habits of My Best College Professors and How They Help Me Coach via Rob Colameta
- TOP 5 TIPS FOR GETTING LEAN THE RIGHT WAY via Stacey Schaedler
- Diet or Deception: The Problem With Nutrition Secrets via Born Fitness
- 5 Tips for Leaning Out via Bret Contreras
- 6 Ways To Be a Better Coach Today via Mike Robertson
- Stronger in 60-seconds: Master the Pull-up via Adam Pine
- Expert Shows Exercises for Training the Hip Hinge via Dean Somerset, The PTDC
- The Difference Between External and Internal Impingement of the Shoulder via Tony Gentilcore
- This is What Flexible Dieting Actually Looks Like via Sohee Lee
- Why Do We Give Caffeine a Free Pass? via Eric Cressey
- The skinny on the trans fat ban via Examine.com
- Does Calorie Counting Work? The Truth Finally Revealed via Jordan Syatt
- Top 5 Football Conditioning Mistakes via Ryan Williams, Joel Jamieson
- The Breathing Push-up via Mike Robertson
- You Got Guru’d: Postexercise Cold Water Immersion via Bret Contreras