I hope you’re enjoying your weekend!
It’s been a fun and busy week. I’m in New York this weekend visiting family and friends, and I’ll be headed back to Boston later today.
There’s been a ton of good fitness info this week, so let’s get to it.
Strength Tips and Training Videos
Quick sumo deadlift tips. In the sumo deadlift you want to keep your hips high and as close to the bar ad possible. – spread the floor during the descent and try to lower your groin straight to the bar. – make your arms long to find the bar and pull the tension out of it. – pull your chest upright and spread the floor explosively. #powerlifting #deadlift #technique
BTN Press 325 X 1 #press #powerlifting A video posted by Adam Pine (@adamnpine) on
Last set close grip bench 3 X 8 @ 315 #powerlifting #benchpress #cgbp A video posted by Adam Pine (@adamnpine) on
1. 8 Time Tested Tactics That Will Increase Your Productivity Right NOW via Jordan Syatt
2. Experts Explain The Best Ways To Avoid Injuries In Your Workouts via James Fell
3. Stressed and out of shape via Precision Nutrition
4. Team JTS Answers: How to Bounce Back From a Miss via Juggernaut Training Systems
5. Flexible Dieting and Foods that are Truly High in Protein via Bret Contreras
6. The 10 Most Hotly Debated Fitness Topics via Travis Pollen, The PTDC
7. Overstressed and overeating via Precision Nutrition
8. Fitness Industry “Pros” via Tony Gentilcore
9. Powerlifting Stuff You Think Matters But Doesn’t via Chad Wesley Smith
10. How the Food Industry Spins Science to Fit Its Agenda via Examine.com
11. 12 Ways to Know if You Should Include an Exercise in a Strength Training Program via Eric Cressey
12. The Feet Elevated Bench Press is Way Better Than the Floor Press (Here’s Why) via Jordan Syatt
13. The Importance of the Off-Season via Chad Wesley Smith
14. 2 Pull-Over Variations Your Back Day Needs via Tony Bonvechio
15. 3 Training Methods Athletes Screw Up via Nick Tumminello