I hope you’re enjoying your weekend!
It’s been a busy with with a ton of awesome fitness info.
This weeks edition is packed with new strength tips, training videos, client highlights, and the 15 best articles from the past week.
Strength Tips & Training Videos
Snatch Grip Block Pulls: Nothing better for building a big backside. The wide grip places more stress on your upper back, traps, and rear delts. Pulling from blocks lets you to handle more weight. The wide grip increases the ROM, so doing these from mid-shin gives you a similar ROM to pulling conventional off the floor. Doing them from the floor is similar to pulling from a deficit. Take a wide grip, at or outside the rings. The wider you go, the harder it is (and harder to grip). I recommend using straps so your grip isn’t your limiting factor. Use the bar to pull your hips into position and your chest upright. Keep your back tight and flat. Stand up hard through your heels and hump the bar via squeezing your glutes. @chickenlegsnomore #powerlifting #deadlift #girlswhopowerlift #glutes #traps
This girl has been absolutely killing it! I can't wait for my good friend and client, @erika_gaetano to hit the platform next week and smash some PR's! #powerlifting #rpsautumnapocolypse #Repost @erika_gaetano with @repostapp ・・・ Last set of 190lbs 4×2 countdown begins 😬 @dominiquerusso2 with the spot @adam_pine @jerseyshorebarbell #powerlift #skwaats #squat #girlswhopowerlift #fitness #fitspo #rpspowerlifting
- What do the data really say about essential oils? via Precision Nutrition
- Tip: Squeeze Your Glutes for Better Abs via Bret Contreras
- “One Weird Trick” to Improve Exercise Technique Instantly: Proprioceptive Stimulus -… via Travis Pollen, Dean Somerset
- Why You’re Not Making Progress And What You Can Do About It via Molly Galbraith, Girls Gone Strong
- Tip: Train Movements First, Muscles Second via Eric Bach
- The Deadlift: Beginner Basics via Tony Gentilcore
- A $150,000/yr Trainer’s 6 Regrets via Brandon LaVack, The PTDC
- What Matters Most in the Sugar Debate via James Fell
- Tip: Use Partial Reps For Size & Strength via Christian Thibaudeau
- Steer Clear of this “Shoulder Health” Exercise via Eric Cressey
- 20 Frustrated Fitness Thoughts via Tony Bonvechio
- 5 Things We Can Learn From Arnold About Building Muscle via Bret Contreras, Brad Schoenfeld
- Lifting Speed:The Biggest Mistakes In Training via Eric Bach
- When Pull-ups Aren’t An Option via Ross Enamait