Hope you’re enjoying you’re weekend!
This week wrapped up my last week of training for the RPS 19th Power Challenge. I’ll be competing next weekend (10/18) in the 242 weight class, deadlift only. Come by and check it out if you’re in the Boston area!
This week was filled with tons of awesome fitness info. Here are this week’s strength tips, training videos, and 15 of the top articles!
Strength Tips & Training Videos
Work on mastering your technique. People often automatically associate missing a lift with a muscular weakness. I missed (insert lift) at lockout, I need to work on (insert variation). Sometimes this is the case, choosing the correct variation and focusing on bringing up the weak area can improve the lift. Another common reason people miss lifts is their technique. Work on perfecting your technique and many of your ‘weaknesses’ will improve. @titanbarbell #powerlifting #marshawn #press
- The best calorie control guide. [Infographic] via Precision Nutrition
- The Best Protein Sources via Born Fitness
- The Core 4 Training Formula via Nick Tumminello
- 6 Lessons from the Last 6 Years via Chad Wesley Smith, Juggernaut Training Systems
- The Definitive Guide to Diet Breaks via Mike Samuels
- Technique Tuesday: What Bench T-Spine Mobilizations Can Teach You About Squats and Deadlifts via Tony Bonvechio
- The Biggest Lesson The Gym Has Taught Me via Bryan Krahn
- The 6 Laws of Lifting via via Eric Bach
- How to Stand Out in a Crowded Fitness Industry via Pete Dupuis, Eric Cressey
- 4 Ways Joe Kenn Made Me a Better Coach via Mike Robertson
- Big Bench Rules to Fix Your Weak Point via Dave Tate
- What Are The Best Training Shoes? via Ross Enamait
- 8 Laws of Strength Training via Bret Contreras
- Random Thoughts on Sports Performance Training: Installment 14 via Mike Robertson, Eric Cressey
- Simplifying Your Squat, Bench & Deadlift via Adam Pine