Hope you’re enjoying your weekend.
There’s a ton of awesome fitness info to catch up on from this week.
This edition’s packed with brand new strength tips, training videos, and 15 of the best articles from the past week.
New Blog Post: Sumo and Conventional (everything you need to know)
Strength Tips & Training Videos
The RDL is my favorite DL assistance movement. Great for strengthening your posterior chain. These will smoke your glutes, hamstrings, and your entire back. ? On the left are the common mistakes made with the RDL and many other hip hinge movements (Good morning, kettlebell swing, etc.) As I lower the weight, I lead with my chest, reaching to the floor. Rather than reaching to the floor, pull the bar into your body, engaging your lats. I start with soft knees (a slight bend so they are not locked) which is good, but I continue to bend at the knees, releasing the hamstring stretch I’m trying to build. Instead, keep the tension in your glutes and hamstrings by keeping your knees soft. Lower the weight by hinging your hips back to the wall behind you rather than bending your knees and reaching to the floor. ? The reps on the right show proper form. The bar stays in contact with my body, skimming my legs. I keep my back tight and locked in, lowering the weight by pushing my butt back to the wall behind me, going as far back as my hamstrings allow me. To come up I stand through my heels and squeeze my glutes. #powerlifting #deadlift #rdl #glutes #hamstrings #posteriorchain
Rack pulls below the knees vs short bands for the biggest glute pump ever. I ususlly use light weight, against short average and light bands and keep the reps anywhere between 8 – 20. Definitely one of my favorites for building bigger, stronger glutes. Thanks to @titanbarbell for these. @anthonysfitlife #powerlifting #deadlift #glutes #cheese A video posted by Adam Pine (@adam_pine) on
I’m so proud of this girl! Huge congrats to my good friend and client @erika_gaetano for smashing PR’s and absolutely killing it this weekend at the #rpsautumnapocolypse 595 @ 114 #powerlifting #girlswhopowerlift #PRcity #Repost @erika_gaetano with @repostapp ・・・ Both placed 2nd in our division and had a great training cycle and time at RPS. You killed it @thatfishergirl super proud of you for your first meet. Can’t wait for our next one ?? @jerseyshoresupplements @jerseyshorebarbell @adam_pine #rpspowerlifting #powerlift #girlswhopowerlift #fitness #fitpso A photo posted by Adam Pine (@adam_pine) on
- Sumo and Conventional Deadlift (everything you need to know) via Adam Pine
- That fit person who’s ‘got it all together’… doesn’t. via Precision Nutrition
- 5 Thoughts on Off-Season Baseball Training via Mike Robertson
- Stop “Should-ing” All Over Yourself via Tony Gentilcore
- Technique Tuesday – Head Position During the Squat via Tony Bonvechio
- Tip: Do Metabolic Resistance Training, Not Cardio via Alwyn Cosgrove
- Focus On Results via Ross Enamait
- Are You Making These 7 Fat Loss Mistakes? via Ryan Wood
- How To Improve Your Adherence On Your Diet via Jason Helmes
- 10 Skills Any True Coach Must Balance via Dan John, The Personal Training Development Center
- In-Season Football Training via Ryan Williams, 8WeeksOut.com
- Spot Reduction and Stubborn Fat Loss via Born Fitness
- Tip: Get Strong Glutes with Mechanical Drop Sets via Ben Bruno
- The 40-Workout Strength Challenge via Dan John
- How to Warm Up in 10 Minutes or Less via Tony Bonvechio